Notice to all members 19th March 020
Since yesterday’s Board meeting further information and advice has been received from Bowls
Victoria and Bowls Australia regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Board has had further
discussions relating to this advice.
In discussions the Board kept in mind the responsibility of the club to assist with protecting the
health of all club members in this evolving situation.
Consideration was given to:
1. In excess of 95% of club members are in the most vulnerable age group, i.e. over 60 years of age
2. Many of our members have underlying health issues that makes them more vulnerable.
The Board has determined:
1. All club events and social bowls will be cancelled until further notice.
2. Practice/roll up will be allowed subject to members maintaining the government medical advised
minimum of 1.5 metres social distancing.
3. The Ladies’ Bowls Section Annual General Meeting be postponed until further notice.
Due to unforeseen circumstances the executive of the committee are unavailable. All Ladies’
Section committee positions have been filled and no elections are required.
4. The Men’s Section Annual General Meeting to be conducted on Monday, social distancing to be
5. As a result of above voting for the Pennant Selection committees will be conducted in conjunction
with the Board election. Details of how these will be conducted will be communicated with notice of
the AGM. The Board will ensure all members will have the opportunity to vote for director positions
and pennant committees even if unable to attend the Board AGM.
6. The following have been postponed until further notice – presentation night, fundraising day of
28th March, and the pastie bake.
If you know of any member not on email please let them know of these decisions, particularly that
they can have a practice/roll up if keeping mandated social distancing.
Thank you for your understanding